I started listening to podcasts a couple of months ago when my work commute became temporarily longer. Since then, I’ve made podcast listening a habit. I still listen to music; but listening to podcasts, in my opinion, is a valuable use of driving time. Sometimes I get out of the car and I’m totally inspired and the wheels in my brain are just turning.
My favorite stations I subscribe to currently are:
- TED Radio Hour by NPR
- The Longest Shortest Time
- This American Life
- 99% Invisible
- The Sporkful
Here are some of my favorite episodes from each podcast:
TED Radio Hour
The Longest Shortest Time
- Episode #57: Sixty-Five Women and a Baby
- Episode #55: The Emperor’s New Onesie
- Episode #60: The Accidental Gay Parents
This American Life
- What Makes a Sandwich?
- The Man Who Made 5 Million Burritos
- Is Vanilla Ice Cream Too Vanilla?