Such a nice surprise!
- A shelf for collectibles/photos/”untouchables” along with a photo ledge for books
- His chalkboard station
- A dresser. (I recently moved the sideboard table I was using inside his closet to the living room so a reorganization of his close is now necessary)
- Shelf + brackets = $14
- RAST dresser = $35
- Floor lamp base = $25
- Lamp shade = already have
- Plant & pot = approx $10
- Cleaning his room! Dusting, vacuuming, de-cluttering under his changing table, cleaning out clothes that is too small, cleaning/organizing his toys, organizing the left part of his closet which is our storage area, organize the top of his closet, rotate some toys around.
- Decide what color I will be painting his chalkboard and potentially his bed.
First thing’s first, my Outbox is set for item’s I clear out. I did my 10 minute mindful makeover and made a mental list of things that I liked and things that I would like to change.
Things I love about his room already:
- World map
- Coffee sack art and bunting banner I made
- Alpaca rug
- His collection of traveling souvenirs
- Circus play tent (not crazy about the colors though – but he loves that tent)
- Bed (although I want to stain it)
- Comforter/blanket (these are new)
- The child sleeping in the bed
Things I want to change:
- Add wall shelf or picture ledge
- Add wall art (gallery style)
- Add some greenery
- Replace floor lamp (he broke the previous one and this is the temporary one)
- Re-organize the changing table
- Organize his closet
- Organize his toys